Ever wondered what all the fuss is about with essential oils? Why do some smells make us happy and some make us want to bolt from the room? Are you unclear which oils and blends will be most effective while avoiding potential harm?
This 6 hour continuing education class for Licensed Massage Therapist will get you started. Topics to be covered are:
- Basic Aromatherapy and how it works
- Aromatherapy use suggestions (massage, inhalation, bath, compresses, etc.)
- Introduction to how emotions and the dis-eases of the body are linked
- Contraindications (cautions) and definitions of terms used in Aromatherapy
- Information related to 6 essential oils and 2 carrier oils to include:
- Common and Latin name
- Origin of the oil
- General description and information related to each oil
- Ways to use the oil
- Qualities of each oil
Oils will be available for purchase throughout our study, either as a set or individually thus providing you the opportunity to immediately utilize the knowledge you have gained. We will share a private Facebook group to encourage one another in our learning process & share our personal experiences while integrating Aromatherapy into our lives & practices. This class will be held in Houston near Nasa at 1322 Space Park Drive on September 25th, 2017 from 10:00 AM until 4:30 PM with 30 minutes for lunch. Our goal is to ensure that completion of this course will provide a solid foundation of knowledge to apply to your usage of these healing oils.
Registration is open now and if you register before September 20th you will receive a 20% discount. Space is limited so register today!
This class will be taught by Christie Going, LMT, Reflexologist and Aromatherapist. Christie is an approved Texas Massage Therapy CE Provider #1859. She has over 260 hours of Aromatherapy training and four years experience using oils with her clients as well as her family.